Making conscious consumer decisions is important all year long, but it's especially crucial during this season. That's why we're offering 20% off from November 18 to December 14, so that our customers can make mindful choices about their purchases.
Purchasing items from sustainable and conscious brands helps to reduce environmental impact and negates mass consumerism, so every little bit counts! Shop guilt-free this season and know that you're helping to make a difference for the planet.
Conscious consumerism is a movement where we encourage consumers to make mindful, sustainable purchases from ethical corporations. It means that consumers shop in a way that makes positive social, environmental and economic impacts. Our Cheekbone Beauty Conscious Consumer Sale will benefit both people and planet, and here's how it works: we will offer a discount on our products to customers who pledge to shop consciously, meaning they would like a little extra time to make more thought-out decisions and avoid the mass consumerism that comes with short-lived promotions. In other words, Cheekbone Beauty customers are agreeing to purchase our sustainable products in a sustainable way.
Around this time of year, corporations know that people from all walks of life will likely be purchasing a gift for somebody. Through a mix of unsustainable, unethical corporate practices and smart seasonal marketing, businesses know that flash sales will likely influence shoppers to make their purchases, often impulsively and in excess, so that they don’t miss out on lower prices. We know that people will shop regardless, especially around this time of year, so our goal is to make sure we can do our part to reduce the amount of mass and/or irresponsible consumerism associated with shopping online.
While this movement isn't new, we are trying to change the narrative by encouraging responsible shopping habits – only buy what you need, and if you can’t comfortably make your purchase on November 18th, you’ll have until December 14th to come back and make that purchase.
If you need some help deciding what to buy during our Conscious Consumer Sale, either for yourself or for a loved one this season, we’d recommend:
1. Winter Stories Gift Set: Inspired by Indigenous storytelling around the time of Winter Solstice, our Winter Stories Gift Set includes our limited-edition Starlight Illuminating Primer Stick and Moonlight Lip Shimmer.
2. SUSTAIN Classics Palette: The palette with your perfect bronzer, highlighter, blush and contour – all in one place!
3. Mattifying Moon Dust: A vegan, talc-free translucent setting and mattifying powder that works on all skin tones and textures.
4. SUSTAIN Lipgloss in "Sweetgrass": A lightweight, vegan gloss that leaves your lips feeling moisturized and looking refreshed. Sweetgrass is a peachy, brown neutral shade.
5. SUSTAIN Lipstick in "Aki": An ultra-pigmented yet buildable satin vegan lipstick that cushions your lips with rich, creamy, velvety colour. Aki is a classic blue-red shade.
6. SUSTAIN Eyeshadow Pencil in "Honey Calcite": A creamy, vegan, powerfully pigmented eyeshadow pencil that glides on with ease to create a defined or smoky look. Honey Calcite is a shimmery, gold champagne shade.
7. SUSTAIN Eyeliner Pencil in "Cedar Brown": A rich, vegan, powerfully pigmented eyeliner pencil that glides with ease. Cedar Brown is a natural-looking true brown.
8. SUSTAIN Mascara: A clean and vegan black mascara that enhances the appearance of lashes, leaving them looking full and defined without weighing them down.
As a certified B.Corp organization, we have a legal obligation to people and planet. This obligation promotes sustainable and ethical practices over profitability. Cheekbone Beauty also recently won the Canadian Museum of Nature x Meta's Sustainable Business Award. We are committed to honouring both the earth and our Indigenous roots as a brand, thinking of generations to come in all our processes.