ABOUT THE BRAND
Cheekbone Beauty is an Indigenous-owned and founded, digitally-native, Canadian cosmetics company established in 2016. Based out of St. Catharines, Ontario, Cheekbone Beauty is known for creating high quality, cruelty-free beauty products including our signature SUSTAIN line of lipsticks and eye pencils, our Warrior Women liquid lipsticks, and a variety of other cosmetics all designed for low environmental impact and maximum wearability.
Keeping in line with her Anishinaabe roots, Jenn launched a less-waste line of lipsticks in 2020, SUSTAIN, setting an ambitious zero-waste goal for 2023. Cheekbone’s aim is to make a difference in the lives of Indigenous youth through donations addressing the educational funding gap, and to create a space in the beauty industry where Indigenous youth feel represented and seen.
Giving back to our community the centerpiece Cheekbone's mission. Our streams of giving include product donations, monetary donations, or project-focused donations.
To date, Cheekbone Beauty has donated more than $150,000 to a wide variety of causes. These include Shannen’s Dream and the FNCS, the Navajo Water Project, One Tree Planted, and a variety of non-profit organizations across North America. As Cheekbone Beauty grows, so do our charitable goals. True to our roots, Cheekbone’s definition of success is not based on what you attain for yourself, but instead in what you give back to your community.
The true impact of our brand is felt through the communications we receive from you; the emails, DM's and conversation with Indigenous youth that signify the fulfillment of our mission of representation.
ABOUT OUR INGRENDIENTS - Feel safe knowing Cheekbone Beauty products are created without harmful or controversial ingredients
- Animal derived ingredients
- Sulfates – SLS + SLES
- Formaldehyde-releasing agents
- Mineral Oil
- Retinyl Palmitate
- Coal Tar
- Triclosan and Triclocarban
- Aluminum salts + Aluminum Powder
- Benzophenone + Related Compounds
- Carbon Black
- Lead/Lead Acetate
- Methyl Cellosolve + Methoxyethanol
- Methylchloroisothiazolinone and Methylisothiazolinone
- Mercury + Mercury Compounds
- Insoluble Plastic Microbeads
- Ethanolamines DEA/TEA/MEA/ETA
- Nanoparticles as defined by EU Cyclic Silicones – Cyclotetrasiloxane, Cyclopentasiloxane, Cyclohexasiloxane and Cyclomethicone
- Perfluorinated Compounds
- Propylene Glycol
- Nitromusk and Polycyclic Musk
- Petrolatum and Paraffin (USP grade is ok, absence of Polyaromatic Hydrocarbon-PAH)
- Phenoxyethanol (under 1% is ok)
- Polyacrylamide and Acrylamide
- Undisclosed Synthetic Fragrances (synthetic fragrances allowable at concentrations below 1% of total formula," and without the following: PTFE/PFOA, Styrene, Polyacrylamide / acrylamide, Acetaldehyde, Acetonitrile, Methylene chloride, Animal fats, oils, and musks, Benzalkonium chloride, Toluene, Resorcinol, Acetone, Butoxyethanol, Ethylenediaminetetraacetic acid, Methyl cellosolve, Methylisothiazolinone / methylchloroisothiazolinone, Mercury and mercury compounds (thimerosal), and Bisphenol A (BPA).")
- Acrylates (specific to Ethyl Acrylate, Ethyl Methacrylate, Methyl Methacrylate, Butyl Methacrylate, Hydroxypropyl Methacrylate, Tetrahydrofurfuryl Methacrylate, Trimethylolpropane Trimethacrylate)
- Styrene (specific to Bromostyrene, DEAstyrene/Acrylates/DVB Copolymer, Sodium Styrene/Divinylbenzene Copolymer, Styrene Oxide, Styrene)
- 1,4-Dioxane in the final formula should be <2ppm
- Animal tested ingredients
*Any talc used in Cheekbone Beauty products is certified asbestos free and used only as an ingredient in pigments.